Monday 18 August 2014

Hair Growth Challenge

Hello!

I have recently gone from dark brown to a very light ash blonde (like literally 2 days ago) and it's damaged my hair a little bit so will be needing to have a bit cut off but it's already quite short and I definitely don't want it any shorter so I am doing all I can to grow my hair out before! Here's what I found. (P.S. post on how I went blonde will be up soon!)

I came across this hair growth method the other day on YouTube, the clips I watched, the girls said it added from an inch to 3 inches in a week to their hair!!! Its called the inversion method. It looked pretty good, easy and seems like it could work. So I thought I would share the journey with you so maybe you can give it a go too and let me know if you get any results. I am going to be doing this for 2 weeks I think, then I will let you know how I got on.

Right, the method:

Step 1: Oil
Use an oil, any kind is fine, however I would recommend a hair growth oil or coconut oil as they are good for hair growth generally without the inversion bit. I'm going to be using the iKarou Hair Stimulant Oil.

Use enough oil to cover the whole of your scalp. Slap it on dry or towel dry hair/scalp and move on to the next step.

Step 2: Inversion and Massage
Flip your head upside down, basically as if you were painting your nails. I've only done this once and I found that sitting on the edge of a bed or chair and just hanging your head between your legs worked alright. Proceed to massage the oil into you scalp for about 5 minutes, once time is up slowly lift your head so you don't get head rush!

Step 3: Finish
I will be leaving the oil in for a further 10 minutes with my head up right then wash the oil out using my standard hair washing routine.

And that is it... I am going to be doing this every day for 2 weeks and hope that a few inches can be added to the length as it is at the awkward mid-length stage ugh!!

Well I will let you know how I get on with the Inversion method, but let me know if any of you have tried it and what you thought, whether you saw a difference, would love to know!

Wish me luck.

Bethany xo

3 comments:

  1. this sounds interesting. I already use coconut oil for my hair, and this doesn't seem like too much work. maybe i will give it a try. I want to grow out my hair too. thanks for sharing! have a wonderful day

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! you have a great blog :)
    you may want to observe the GFC? :)
    I like to be in touch with interesting blogs :)

    http://beautybeybi.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent post. I absolutely appreciate this site.
    best hair oil

    ReplyDelete